Community Resources from Centura Health
Speak to a Nurse
This is a free community service offered by Centura Health and provides communities across Colorado with a direct link to health care resources. Call 303-777-NURS (in Metro Denver) or 800-327-6877 (outside Metro Denver) Mon-Fri from 8am–8pm to connect with caring, expert nurses. Our call center nurses have many years of experience providing both hands-on care and answering questions over the phone. People can call for information about staying well, assessing symptoms or with questions about a particular illness or disease.
- There is never a charge for calling.
- Referral specialists can help callers find a doctor utilizing our detailed database of thousands of physicians.
- Class and program registration can be managed as directed by each facility.
Doctors can be selected based on customized information such as:
- Location and office hours
- Insurance Plan
- Experience and philosophy
- Procedures of expertise
We also have an extensive database of health-related community resources in Colorado and Kansas. Callers can find services such as home or hospice care, senior living options, support groups or disease-specific organizations.
Founded by St. Anthony Hospitals in 1972, Flight For Life® has served as the model for more than 300 flight programs worldwide. Flight For Life is the nation's first, and still one of the finest, air medical transport programs. Flight For Life is a community service operating out of Denver, Frisco, Pueblo and Colorado Springs, and provides critical care transport for a nine-state region with four helicopters, two fixed-wing airplanes and three ground ambulances.
- Since 1993, Flight For Life has been accredited by the Commission for the Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems - the first in Colorado to achieve this designation
- Although operated by St. Anthony Hospitals, Flight For Life transports patients to the most appropriate medical facility, regardless of affiliation
- In service 24 hours a day, Flight For Life may be requested by a physician, pre-hospital agency, fire department, law enforcement agency, ski patrol or search and rescue group. A patient's ability to pay is never questioned when emergent transport is needed.
- Providing resuscitation, stabilization and transport for patients from the newly born to the frail elderly, Flight For Life offers specialized, time-sensitive transport for patients suffering myocardial infarction, stroke, serious injury, high risk obstetrical and neonatal problems.
- Serving the region for 37 years, Flight For Life received the Denver Business Journal's "Champions in Health Care" award for 2008.
- Flight For Life is the transport program of choice for The Children's Hospital, University Hospital, Ft. Carson Army Base, Outward Bound, ski patrols, search and rescue groups, and many other facilities and agencies who expect safety, clinical excellence and accountability in the transport of their patients.