Awards & Recognition
Across the Centura Health system, a number of awards and honors recognize outstanding care, quality outcomes and patient satisfaction among a wide variety of medical specialties, services and programs. Some of the most prestigious awards given to many of our hospitals include those from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, The Joint Commission, HealthStream Research and HealthGrades.
Click on the links to the left to view complete award listings for our entities.
Recent Awards & Recognition from Centura Health:
Centura Health’s Movementum App Receives Honorable Mention at PR News' 2013 Digital PR Awards
In December 2013, Centura Health’s movement-tracking health app, was recognized with an honorable mention at the 2013 PR News’ Digital PR Awards. According to PR News, the awards "showcase organizations that took risks, made tremendous strides and understand the power of digital communications in public relations." Movementum, Centura Health's first smartphone app, was recognized among several other health care, retail and hospitality brands.
Centura Health and its agency, Vladimir Jones, launched the app in April 2013. The multi-platform, free app was designed to encourage an active lifestyle by allowing everyone -even recovering couch potatoes- to compete for better health. Named for a combination of its dual goals of tracking movement and driving momentum, the Movementum app rewards users with points and achievement badges by tracking their daily movements in the background of their Smartphone. The app is available via the iTunes store and Google Play.
For more information visit www.movementumapp.org
Avista Adventist Hospital's New Life Center The Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission
Avista Adventist Hospital earned the award by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety in normal delivery care.
Castle Rock Adventist Hospital Granted Accreditation By The Jooint Commission
The Joint Commission has granted Castle Rock Adventist Hospital Accreditation.
Centura Health at Home Entities Named to the 2013 HomeCare Elite
Centura Health at Home in Denver and Colorado Springs and Bristlecone Health Services in Frisco were named to the top 25 percent while Centura Health at Home in Pueblo and Mercy Home Health in Durango and Pagosa Springs were named to the top 100 agencies nationwide.
Littleton Adventist Hospital Ranked #1 in Colorado for Coronary Interventional Procedures
HealthGrades, a leading independent healthcare ratings company has ranked Littleton Adventist Hospital #1 in Colorado for Coronary Interventional Procedures for 2012.
Mercy Regional Medical Center Receives 2013 Hospital Website Transparency Award
Parker Adventist Hospital's Bariatric & Metabolic Center of Colorado designated as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence Hospital
The Bariatric & Metabolic Center of Colorado at Parker Adventist Hospital has been designated as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Penrose-St. Francis Health Services Named One of "America's 50 Best Hospitals
Penrose-St. Francis Health Services Is proud to be named one of "America's 50 Best Hospitals" for 6 years in a row (2008 - 2013) by HealthGrades, the only recipient in Colorado and the Top 1 percent in the nation.
Porter Adventist Hospital Earns 2013 Get With The Guidelines® –Stroke Gold Quality Achievement Award
The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association award Porter Adventist Hospital with 2013 Get With The Guidelines®–Stroke Gold Quality Achievement Award.
St. Anthony Hospital Awarded Chest Pain Center Accreditation for 2013
The Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC), an international not-for-profit organization that focuses on transforming cardiovascular care, has awarded St. Anthony Hospital its Chest Pain Center Accreditation for 2013.
St. Anthony Summit Medical Center Earns The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Orthopedic Trauma
St. Anthony Summit Medical Center earned the award by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety for disease-specific care.
St. Catherine Hospital Granted AABB Accreditation for Transfusion Services.
St. Catherine Hospital Transfusion Service has been granted accreditation by AABB, according to Scott Taylor, President and CEO and Peggy Jean Smith, and Blood Bank Supervisor.
St. Rose Ambulatory & Surgery Center Receives Multiple Accreditations
These accreditations are received for compliance with quality standards, with St. Rose ASC's policies and practices meeting their expectations of quality care.
Past Centura Health Awards & Recognition:
- Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development (SHSMD), Gold Award - The Centura Health 2020 Champions internal communications program was selected to receive a Gold Award for Employee Communications Programs (health care systems of over $750 million annual revenue) from nearly 4,000 entries during the 27th Annual awards.
- Colorado Healthcare Communicators Gold Leaf Awards, Grand Gold Leaf - The Centura Health 2020 Champions internal communication program was the recipient of the Gold Award in the communication programs category for 2010 and went on to receive the Grand Gold Leaf Awards, constituting the Best in Show for the year.
- SABRE (Superior Achievement in Branding and Reputation) Award, Gold Finalist - Out of 1,600 entries nationwide, only 20 percent are considered as award finalists. The Centura Health 2020 Champions program was recognized in the category with Molson Coors (the winner), Northwestern Mutual, Pfizer and Boston Scientific.
- DBJ 2010 Best Places to Work Finalist
- ColoradoBiz magazines Top Company Award for 2009 - The award is said to be Colorado's most prestigious business award and was developed in 1986 to recognize companies that demonstrate exceptional achievements and performance.
- Colorado Healthcare Communicators Gold Leaf Awards, Silver Award 2009 - Centura Health recieved the Silver Award for the 2008 Bone & Joint Week advertising campaign.